ATV Rider Training Overview
The Canada Safety Council (CSC) is a national not-for profit organization, which is administered Canada wide by the National Coordinator of Specialty Vehicles. The CSC ATV RiderCourse provides hands-on training, promoting the safe and responsible use of ATVs. The course is designed for individuals six years of age and over, and is conducted on age appropriate ATVs.
ATV RiderSafety Training Program
Canada Safety Council Certificate Program
Improve riding skills & abilities for all levels of experience
Professional off-road, hands-on safety instruction covering:
- Basic techniques for riding an ATV responsibly
- Range signals, rules and controls
- Starting and stopping· Riding strategies
- Sharp turns and quicker turns
- Traversing hills
- Emergency stopping & swerving
- Riding over obstacles
‘June through October’. Please inquire.
Participants may provide their own ATV, or make arrangements with ThePerfectGetaway.ca for rental of an age appropriate ATV. The following age and model size requirements must be followed by all participants:
|ATV with Model Size||Should be used only by|
|Less than 70cc||Age 6 and older|
|70cc up to & including 90cc||Age 12 and older|
|Greater than 90cc||Age 16 and older|
ATV SAFETY TIPS
- ATVs are designed for one operator only. Never carry a passenger.
- ATVs are for off-road use only. Never operate an ATV on paved surfaces. Never operate an ATV on public roads.
- Protective clothing is a necessity. Always wear an approved motorcycle helmet, eye protection, boots, gloves, long pants and a long sleeved shirt or jacket.
- Alcohol/drugs do not mix with ATV operation.
- Avoid excessive speeds. Travel at a speed appropriate for the terrain, visibility conditions, and your experience.
- Do not attempt wheelies, jumps, or other stunts. These can have disastrous results.
- Never operate an ATV without proper instruction.
- Always be careful when operating an ATV, especially when approaching hills, turns, and obstacles and when operating on unfamiliar or rough terrain.
- Never lend your ATV to anyone who has not taken a safety training course or has not been driving an ATV long enough to operate it safely.